Streetwear as an industry has been around for a long time, but the clothes have become more popular and started to branch out from just being worn by skateboarders.
Streetwear clothing was originally intended to be functional and practical, but over the years, people have started to love them because of how comfortable they are and how easy they are to style.
With so many different kinds of shirts, hoodies, hats, and jackets to choose from, there's a little something for everyone's personal style. Many streetwear companies decide on making their own slogans or quotes that can relate directly to their customers.
Some could be political or motivated towards social change, while others could strictly be humorous ways to express themselves through words on their clothing. Here are some popular streetwear slogans on t-shirts, crewnecks, hoodies, and hats.
When Did Slogans Become Popular in Streetwear?
Slogans have been popular in streetwear for a while now. The first time slogans were really popular in streetwear was back in the early 2000s. Back then, brands like Stüssy and Supreme were using slogans on their T-shirts, crewnecks, hoodies, and hats. Some of the most popular slogans from that era include "Supreme," "Stüssy," and "The World is Yours."
These days, slogans are still popular in streetwear, but they've become a lot more mainstream. You can now find slogans on T-shirts, crewnecks, hoodies, and hats from a wide range of different brands, both streetwear, and non-streetwear. Some popular slogans from today include "Yeezy" and "Feed me more snacks."
What Kinds of Slogans Are Popular in Streetwear?
Some of the most popular types of slogans that you'll see on T-shirts, crewnecks, hoodies, and hats include:
- "Stay positive." - Southern California's DGK (Dirty Ghetto Kids) Crew has come up with the phrase "stay positive" that they print on their t-shirts to remind people that no matter what life throws at you, there is always something good in the world if you can keep a positive mindset.
- "Just do it." - Nike's slogan "just do it" inspired many people around the world to not let anything stop them from pursuing their dreams or achieving their goals.
- "Haters gonna hate." - This popular streetwear slogan originated with Soulja Boy Tell Em, but many other rappers like Young Jeezy and even Drake adopted the saying.
- "Big Homie." - The clothing company Off White who is owned by New Guards Group has a streetwear slogan on t-shirts, crewnecks, and hats that says "big homie." Many people believe it's a shout-out to the big brother or big homie relationship between rappers.
- "Keep it crispy." - This streetwear slogan is specifically aimed at skateboarders to remind them that they should try their best to stay clean when riding around or skating in contests.
- "Be happy." - The Japanese clothing company Bape has their own popular streetwear slogan on t-shirts, hoodies, and hats that says "be happy." It's meant to inspire people all over the world who are having hard times in life to stay positive no matter what comes next.
- "Legends never die." - Tokyo streetwear brand WTAPS’s popular streetwear slogan on t-shirts, crewnecks, and hats is "legends never die." The phrase “legends never die” reminds people that they will always be remembered for their accomplishments and that they should try to make a positive impact on society.
- "Keep it 100." - The clothing company Neff has taken inspiration from the TV show "Always Sunny in Philadelphia," where Frank Reynolds (played by Danny DeVito) says his signature phrase "keep it 100," which basically means keep it real or genuine.
- "Sleep when you're dead." - Another popular slogan seen in streetwear is “sleep when you're dead.” Misfits, known for their work in horror movies and comics, have taken inspiration from famous rock star Glenn Danzig's song where he says "sleep when you're dead." Many people who wear the streetwear slogan on t-shirts, crewnecks, and hats often believe that they should try to get as much out of life as they can.
- "Be good, be nice." - This popular streetwear slogan is pretty self-explanatory, and it's meant to give people a reminder that if they want the world to be a better place, then all they have to do is start by being a better person themselves.
There are a number of popular streetwear brands that have become well-known for their eye-catching and creative slogans. Some of the most popular streetwear brands include Supreme, Stüssy, Bape, Off White, and 8 and Company.
Looking to add a little edge to your style? Check out MDRN1459, the streetwear brand for the modern man. MDRN1459 is known for its simple designs and high-quality fabrics. All of their clothing is made in the USA, and they offer a wide range of products, including t-shirts, hoodies, crewnecks, hats, and more.
With an emphasis on quality and innovation, MDRN1459 has quickly become one of the most popular streetwear brands around. So what are you waiting for? Check them out today and see what all the hype is about!